How to Upgrade Instant Ramen to Better-Tasting Noodle Dish
Ramen is an instant food that can be bought virtually anywhere – from convenience stores to local retail stores – you can easily fill your tummy with hot ramen anywhere you please. However, if you’re consuming ramen almost every day, you may be sick of its taste by now. But no worries because we’ve found a better way to make it better-tasting without adding much to your budget. Guaranteed, you can look forward to eating your ramen again with the exciting additions below. So if you’re excited, here are a few instant ramen hacks to spruce up usual, boring ramen:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pack/pouch instant ramen noodles (chicken flavor preferred)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Combine water, butter, and seasoning packet in a pot over high heat and simmer.
- Add in the noodles (without crushing) and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take off from heat and add your upgrades, which can be any of the following:
- Thai Coconut Curry Ramen – This instant ramen recipe resembles the spicy take-out classic, Thai-style. To make one, simply add 3 tablespoons coconut milk, ½ teaspoon green curry paste, lime juice, 5 slices of jalapeño, 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, and top with 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro. Good for 1 serving.
- Tortilla and Lime Ramen – Inspired by the Southwest region, this ramen gets a flavorful twist with fresh lime juice and salsa verde. Here, you’d need 2 tablespoons salsa verde, half of avocado, ½ cup crunchy tortilla strips, 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, 3 radishes (sliced into thin pieces), 1 lime wedge (for garnishing). Good for 1 serving.
- Spicy Peanut Ramen – Peanut butter and lime copies the famous flavors of Pad Thai in this ramen variation. To create one, just add 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp Sriracha, 5 slices of jalapeño, 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts, and 1 fresh lime wedge (for garnishing).