Easy Pasta Recipe for Delicious, Quick Dinners
Ready or not, dinner will come at you, making you problematic of what to prepare for the family… again!
The good news is that there’s pasta, which you can easily cook for the family and will keep them satisfied with the creaminess and flavor that’s involved in this homemade pasta recipe. If you’re ready to cook a scrumptious pasta recipe with sauce, here it goes.
Sausage and broccoli pasta
The broccoli makes a perfect partner for the sausage and the cheese, balancing the flavors and nutritional value. It’s also satisfying and easy to eat, which makes it ideal if you have children in the household. To start with the pasta recipe with vegetables, first, you need the following.
- 1 pot of well-salted water
- 1 large head of broccoli
- ½ pound of hot Italian sausage
- 1 pack of pasta (any type)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
Here’s how to cook:
- Boil a large pot of well-salted water.
- Cut up one large head of broccoli (you could also use a bag of frozen florets).
- Get a large saucepan, cook the sweet or hot Italian sausage over medium-low heat. Use more if desired.
- Once the water boils, add a pound of pasta of your choice.
- Add the olive oil and half an onion to the saucepan. Sautee until the onion turns translucent.
- Add crushed garlic and the broccoli and cover the pot 1-2 minutes and let simmer for a bit.
- When the broccoli turns bright green, remove the cover and continue to stir occasionally. Make sure the pasta is still al dente after cooking.
- When the pasta is a little bit underdone, transfer it, with a half cup of the pasta cooking water, to a saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, mix everything together evenly distributed and all pasta strands are sauced equally.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with parmesan and black pepper to taste. Add more cheese as necessary.
Beatty lives for experimenting different food options! She’s got all the best recipes up her sleeve.