How to Make Easy Beef and Broccoli
Beef and broccoli is originally a Chinese food, but now, it is making its way to the homes of other nations and hearts of those who tasted it. Thanks to its exquisitely savory flavor, it’s perfect as beef broccoli and rice or on its own.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-cook dish that’s ideal for family dinners, here’s an easy beef broccoli recipe for when you’re craving a beef dish but too lazy to go out. Beef with broccoli is a quintessential dish that boasts crisp broccoli pieces swimming in savory, brown garlic and ginger sauce. The great thing about this dish is that you don’t need a wok for cooking. With just a large skillet and easy to find ingredients, you, too, can enjoy the satisfying flavor of beef and broccoli with your family (just like how they enjoy playing online racing games for free).
- 1 pound thinly sliced flank steak
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix together chicken stock, soy sauce, Sriracha, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, cornstarch, ginger, sesame oil, and 1/4 cup water
- Set aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, pour olive oil and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add steak strips and cook evenly. Flip as necessary until the bits turn into brown color about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli florets and soy sauce mixture.
- Cook until tender and sauce is slightly thickened. This would take about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.